Click HERE to view the Premium Art Deadlines List.

Monday, October 2, 2017

Monday, October 2, 2017, 9:19am

Listening to Vivaldi's Four Seasons, Fall

Noise in the hallway intrudes, someone wants to go down stairs.

The sound of running waterin the sink.

Emma is here to remove our garbageGary, our newest roommate prepares to leave.

He's going home to his brother and father.

9:25 still Fall in the four Seasons.

9:26Winter has arrived in the Four Seasons.

The Violins are quiet for a few moments. Then they grow faster.
They bring a chill down my spine.

Code Word, First Floor, East Entrance, by the conference Room

People are recorded as entering AND/OR leaving the building

blares out over the loudspeakers that everyone in the building can hear.

Someone, enters the bathroom, the door to which is directly behind me.

Its Gary, still preparing to leave.

9:38, Vivaldi ends.

I ask the others if they want more music, suggesting Bach

9:39 9:40am The Best Relaxing Classical Music Ever By Bach - Relaxation Meditation Focus Reading


Joe says it is 20 minutes of ten.

Joe says: it is Monday the 2nd.

In the far corner of my right eye I see birds outside our 4th floor window

come to eat the bread we put out for them.Starlings, I think.

9:44, the spirit and tempo of Bach has picked up considerably.

But still relaxingeven as I hear Joe groaning in the background behind me.

The spirit of Bach changes as the tempo continues.

Joe continues his conversation with someone or maybe himself.

My vision and attention is focused on my keyboard.

Joe talks time, medicine.

Bach changes mood at 9:50.

Joe repeats his family history of his two beautuful daughters. 

To myself alone I have to say: NO! They are not beautiful women

but they are not ugly either. They are ordinary looking.

But they are more beautiful than any women I have ever known

because of the frquency of their visits and the small things they

always bring us to remind us ofthe ordinary life of people not

bound to a place like this.

9:58 Bach transforms again.

My attention has been pulled away by the arrival of a piece of mail.

Probably a bill.

Bach's mood changes again.

Joe says yet again that he would rather be working, remarking that he

is not making any money here.

My mail is a bill as my one hand and teeth free it from its container.

Joe shows me a postcard from Yvonne who is visiting family

relatives in Italy.

Yvonne writes:

Hi Dad & Irene!
I'm having a wonderful
time in Italy. It is
great to re-new my
relationship with my
cousins, aunt and uncle.
Thry send their best
regards! Love you &see
you soon. Love. Yvonne.
P.S. say Hi! to Richard!


10:18 Bach tempo and volume has picked up considerably.

Yes, INDEED, YVONNE IS A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN.

No matter her time, place or distance away she has us in mind.

I return the postcard to Joe.

Back to my real world.
Time to do some walking.
10:29am.
10:39 and back in my wheelchair after two laps.
Right leg tired. But a qualatative difference in the
feel of picking up and moving the left foot forward.
Thinking about any of the Marathons I ran
and never paying as much attention to running
the whole ditance.  Still at a loss for words to
describe the sensation.

11:04 and the CNA has finished washing me.
Time to see who called me!

14:39 back from an hour outside with Bob Slate, my once a week
volunteer who takes me outside to the patio for an hour a week.
On Mondays. We talked briefly about the latest mass murder in
Las Vegas., space travel, Saturn NASA mission, flat Earthers, etc.

          https://www.tfes.org/

14:49 time to do some walking.
14:57 back from two laps, one up, one down.

15:12 off again for two more, if not more.
15:24 2 up, 2 down total of four.

16:29 OFF FOR MORE LAPS
16:48 laps got interrupted by call for weight: 169.6 lbs
Joe begins his daily countdown to food, which typically occurs three times a day.

18:01 dinner is over. Time for some walking.
18:13 just did four laps

Failed to mention a large and difficult Bowel Movement yesterday afternoon.
Nothing today, yet.

Comment about the latest mass killing: WHITE GUYS GOTTA SHOOT!
The rest of us get to be bullet stoppers.



Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Click HERE to view the Premium Art Deadlines List.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]