Click HERE to view the Premium Art Deadlines List.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

two stories

These two stories are about early copies of a memoir sent to an aunt and my mother.

Some years ago I sent early copies of the memoir to my mother and
aunt Rosemary. So after some time I call Rosemary, my father's
youngest sister, who is just a few years older than me. She got it
maybe late morning and sat down to read. About 3pm the kids came
home from school and asked her, What's to eat? She pointed to the
kitchen and went back to reading. Three hours later the husband
gets home from work and asks, What's to eat? She pointed to the
kitchen and went back to reading. She finished later that evening.
She liked it, or enjoyed it, or... something.

A second copy went to my mother. So I call her after a couple of
weeks to be sure she got it and had a chance to read it. I call and
ask if she got it. Yes. So what did you think, I asked. I burned it,
she replied. We never talked about it again.


The memoir can be read (10-20 pages) here:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AMRGRW6



Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Click HERE to view the Premium Art Deadlines List.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]